This class meets for one session only.
Draping is a technique in patternmaking that allows for immediate results! Learn how to drape a sleeveless fitted top using muslin and a dress form. Students will work in groups to create a draped muslin pattern. Techniques covered in this class include:
* draping with non-stretch wovens for tops
* taping seam & edge guides on your dress form
* draping for the bust using darts and princess seams
* draping for the lower back using darts and princess seams
* pinning and fabric manipulation
For this class you will need 1 roll of 1/8" wide WHITE ribbon, 1 yard of medium weight muslin, straight pins, scotch tape, and blue or red tailor's chalk.